The name of this association is the Philadelphia Bar Association.
The mission of the Philadelphia Bar Association is to serve the legal profession and the public by promoting justice, professional excellence and respect for the rule of law. In so doing, the Association strives to foster understanding of, involvement in and access to the justice system.
When used in these Bylaws, the following words shall have the following meanings:
- 1.1.1 “Annual Election” shall mean the election of Officers and Board Members held each year pursuant to Article V.
- 1.1.2 “Annual Meeting” shall mean the meeting of the Members held pursuant to Section 4.1.1.
- 1.1.3 “Association” shall mean the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- 1.1.4 “Board” shall mean the Board of Governors of the Association.
- 1.1.5 “Board Member” shall mean an individual who is listed as a Board Member entitled to vote as provided in Section 3.9.1 and an individual listed as a non-voting Board Member in Section 3.9.2, 3.9.4 and 3.9.5.
- 1.1.6 “Charter” shall mean the Charter of the Association.
- 1.1.7 “Commission” shall mean the Commission on Judicial Selection and Retention.
- 1.1.8 “Committees” shall include Standing Committees and Special and Ad Hoc Committees.
- 1.1.9 “Fiscal Year” shall mean the calendar year or such other fiscal year as shall be set by the Board.
- 1.1.10 “Member” shall mean a member of the Association as set forth in Section 2.1.
- 1.1.11 “Nonvoting Member” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 2.1.3.
- 1.1.12 “Officer” shall mean an officer of the Association as set forth in Section 3.1.
- 1.1.13 “Publish” shall mean notification published in any Association publication that is communicated to every Member, including but not limited to electronic media, and/or in The Legal Intelligencer.
- 1.1.14 “Special and Ad Hoc Committees” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 8.3.1.
- 1.1.15 “Standing Committee” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 8.1.
- 1.1.16 “Voting Board Member” shall mean a Board Member entitled to vote pursuant to Section 3.9.1.
- 1.1.17 “Voting Member” shall have the meaning set forth in Section 2.1.2.