9.1 Divisions; Additional Divisions.
- 9.1.1 The Divisions of the Association shall be as set forth in this Article.
- 9.1.2 Additional Divisions may be established by amendment of these bylaws as provided in Section 12.1. The establishing bylaw shall identify the membership or subject matter of the Division, which shall not be a recognized area of substantive or procedural law or the practice thereof.
9.2 Combination, Change Of Name Or Discontinuance of Divisions.
The Board may change the name of, combine or discontinue any Division or Divisions.
9.3 Membership Of Divisions.
- 9.3.1 All members of Divisions shall be Members except as set forth in Section 9.3.2, and any Member may be a member of any one or more Divisions.
- 9.3.2 Any Division may permit one or more non-lawyers to serve as members of the Division or any committee thereof, and unless otherwise approved by the Board no non-lawyer may be an officer of any Division.
9.4 Division Organization And Procedures; Reports.
- 9.4.1 Each Division shall adopt such bylaws and other regulations for its organization, governance and conduct of its business as it deems appropriate, not inconsistent with the Charter, Bylaws and resolutions of the Board.
- 9.4.2 The officers of each Division shall be the Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and such other officers as are provided in its bylaws. In lieu of a Chair, a Division may have two or more Co-Chairs, in which case any reference to the "Chair" of a Division in these Bylaws shall refer to any Co-Chair, as determined by the Division.
- 9.4.3 No Division may assess dues on its members unless first authorized by the Board.
- 9.4.4 All funds raised by or allocated to a Division shall be funds of the Association; provided that all such funds shall be used only to support the activities of the Division consistent with these Bylaws.
- 9.4.5 At such time or times as the Chancellor or Board shall determine, the Chair of each Division shall transmit a report of its activities to the Chancellor and/or the Board.
9.5 Division Meetings.
All Divisions shall meet from time to time at the call of the Chair thereof, and it shall be the duty of the Chair thereof to call a meeting upon the written request of the Chancellor or of any 25 members of the Division.
9.6 The Young Lawyers Division.
- 9.6.1 The Young Lawyers Division shall consist of all Voting Members:
- 126.96.36.199 Who are under 40 years of age, or
- 188.8.131.52 Regardless of age, whose third anniversary of their first admission to the Bar of any state has not yet occurred.
- 9.6.2 Membership of a Member in the Division shall terminate automatically at the end of the calendar year during which a Member no longer fulfills either of the requirements set forth in Section 9.6.1, or at such earlier time as the Member ceases to be a Voting Member.