September 15, 2015
Deadline Oct. 13: Nominations Sought for the PNC Achievement Award
Nominations are being accepted for the 2015 PNC Achievement Award. Nominations should be made in writing. Please include a detailed statement setting forth information and reasons why you are recommending the nominee for this award.
Nominations should be sent to: Brennan Award, Attn: Dawn Petit, Philadelphia Bar Association, 1101 Market St., 11th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or to email@example.com.
The criteria for the award are:
- Significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice (preferably in Philadelphia);
- The absence of prior recognition for this work by the Philadelphia Bar Association;
- Distinguished service consistently rendered over a considerable period of time or a single outstanding achievement in a particular year. (The fact that this single achievement may have occurred some years ago is not material so long as it has not been recognized.);
- The accomplishment must arise from voluntary activities rather than for service rendered as a paid professional; and
- It is preferred that the recipient be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association not now in public office or directly involved with court operations or any other public service activity.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is Tuesday, Oct. 13.