April 17, 2009
Rainmaking 101: Learn to Take Control of Your Career by Becoming Great at Business Development
Friday, May 1, 2009
12:00 p.m., 11th Floor Conference Center
Philadelphia Bar Association
Hosted by the Attorney Career Development Committee, this workshop will teach you how to generate and develop new business. The workshop will focus on how you can start your journey to become a business development expert - a skill that will enable you to take control of your career.
- Importance of learning business development skills Why do we need to do this? What happens if we don’t do this?
- Tactics to help you retain your current position
- Techniques to help you find a new position
- Reasons why many attorneys haven’t learned how to develop business
- Concept of building a business development plan What are the steps? How to incorporate business development into day-to-day activity?
- Learn how to build a network of contacts
- Learn how to differentiate yourself from other attorneys