Each year, the YLD hosts a fundraiser benefiting the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, whose mission is to promote access to justice for all Philadelphians, particularly those struggling with poverty, abuse and discrimination. From 2006 through 2010, this event was a Comedy Night and Silent Auction. In 2011, the YLD is taking the fundraiser to a whole new level and presenting its...
THANKS TO ALL FOR A WONDERFUL EVENT! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
Play casino games for a winning cause at the Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Casino Night and Annual Fundraiser on May 14 from 7-10:30 p.m. at the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel, 200 S. 17th St. All proceeds benefit the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, a non-profit group that provides funding to legal service organizations that represent impoverished individuals.
Seven authentic blackjack tables, 2 poker tables, 1 craps table and a double roulette table staffed by professionally trained dealers will be available at the event. The chance to win prizes in a big ticket raffle, a 3-hour open bar, a generous dinner buffet, and a DJ are also included with admission.
Tickets are $65 each, $120 for two. Online registration closes at noon on May 13 and tickets are an additional $10 at the door. Each guest will receive $200 worth of playing chips. Additional chips will be available for purchase at the event. Chips can be exchanged for raffle tickets for a chance to win prizes such as: overnight stays at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City and the Westin Philadelphia; unique tours of Philadelphia landmarks and complimentary admission to entertainment venues; Phillies tickets; gift certificates to renowned Philadelphia restaurants and retail establishments; and more.
Since 2006, the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) has raised more than $140,000 for the Philadelphia Bar Foundation through its signature fundraiser, which previously featured a comedian and a silent auction.
Gaming tables and dealers are being supplied by Philly Casino Parties. Please note, absolutely no cash prizes will be awarded.
Click here to register. Sponsorship is also available; click here for details.
Help us spread the word! Download and print the official Casino Night flyer here.
2011 Event Sponsors
2011 Raffle Items
- Metropolitan Bakery: Ten, $5 gift certificates
- The Field House: $100 gift certificate
- Wine School of Philadelphia: $75 gift certificate
- Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel: One night stay in the Presidential Suite with a bottle of champagne
- Aldo Lamberti's Positano Coast: One $15 gift certificate and one $10 gift certificate
- Caesars Entertainment: One night stay with gourmet dinner for two at one of Caesars Entertainment-Atlantic City properties
- Penn Museum: Four complimentary admission passes
- Devon Seafood Grill: $100 gift certificate
- Bryn Mawr Film Institute: One year couple/family membership, which includes discounted admission and film education tuition, access to BMFI Film Studies Library, program guide mailings, Invitations to free sneak previews, and discounts at area businesses and attractions
- Angel kissed handmade soap in wildflower by Anna Pereira and a blue plaid handmade quilted zipper pouch by Good Marvin (donated by Abbie DuFrayne)
- Helium Comedy Club: Admission for six
- Fusion Cross Training: Pick from 1 of 3 Fusion services: group cross training, personal coaching, or nutrition counseling
- Lucky Strike Lanes Philadelphia: The Lucky Party - 2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, chips and salsa, and mac-n-cheese bites for up to 8 guests.
- The Westin Philadelphia: One night deluxe weekend accommodation with breakfast for two
- Philly Improv Theater: Four tickets good at any show Philly Improv Theater produces
- Two Phillies tickets for May 23, 2011 against the Cincinnati Reds (donated by Veritext)
- Two Phillies tickets for June 24, 2011 against the Oakland A's (donated by Feldman Shepherd Wohlgelernter Tanner Weinstock & Dodig LLP)
- Two Phillies tickets for July 30, 2011 against the Pittsburgh Pirates (donated by Petrelli Law, PC)
- Complimentary mid-week overnight stay at the Borgata Atlantic City (donated by Borgata Heart & Soul Foundation)
- Philadelphia Zoo: Four complimentary admission passes
- Free Chiropractic Evaluation and Massage (donated by Dr. Paul E. Rubin, Chiropractor)
- Pyramid Club: 2 month membership
- Triumph Brewing Company: $50 gift certificate
- D'Angelo's Ristorante $75 gift certificate
- Philadelphia Chamber Music Society: 2 tickets to a PCMS concert
- T-Shirt and baseball autographed by Jimmy Rollins (donated by Jimmy Rollins Family Foundation)
- Las Bugambilias: $20 gift certificate
- The Rittenhouse Hotel: Brunch for Two
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel: Overnight Stay for Two in Deluxe Accommodations
- Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site: Six passes for use during the day at Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site
- Curtis Institute of Music: Two tickets to one of three Curtis Symphony Orchestra performances during the 2011/12 season along with a CD.
- Four bottles of tequila and one of bourbon, courtesy of Southern Wine and Spirits of PA
- Philadelphia Belle: Lunch or Dinner Cruise for Two on the Philadelphia Belle Docked at Penn's Landing
- 1.5 hour French lesson for beginner student including pastry and coffee, donated by Jennifer Lin
- Embassy Suites Hotel Philadelphia-Center City: One night weekend stay with evening reception and full breakfast
- Gourmet Pasta Basket (donated by Springfield Pasta)
- Cooperage Wine and Whisky Bar: $50 gift certificate
- Gift Basket with Italian Delicacies (donated by Montesano Bros. Italian Marketing & Catering)
- One month of Jiu-Jitsu training (donated by Gracie Academy Philadelphia)
- Carved Jade bracelet (donated by Carey Chopko)
- Toppers Spa: 50 minute Swedish massage
- National Museum of Jewish American History: Two admission tickets