March 12, 2018
Nominations Sought: Sandra Day O'Connor Award
The Women in the Profession Committee is seeking nominations for the 2018 Justice Sandra Day O'Connor Award.
Deadline for nominations is Wednesday, April 4, 2018.
The award is conferred annually on a woman attorney who has demonstrated superior legal talent, achieved significant legal accomplishments and has furthered the advancement of women in both the profession and the community.
The committee established the award in 1993 to recognize the important contributions that women attorneys in Philadelphia have made to the legal profession.
That year, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor presented the first award to U.S. District Court Senior Judge Norma L. Shapiro *. The award has since been presented to:
- Former Justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Juanita Kidd Stout *
- Deborah R. Willig, first woman Chancellor of the Philadelphia Bar Association
- Professor Marina Angel, of the Temple University Beasley School of Law faculty
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Dolores K. Sloviter (former Chief Judge)
- U.S. District Court Judge Anita B. Brody
- Leslie Anne Miller, first woman president of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lila G. Roomberg of Ballard Spahr LLP
- Judge Judith J. Jamison *
- Ellen T. Greenlee, former chief defender of the Defender Association of Philadelphia
- Former Chancellor Audrey C. Talley
- U.S. Court of Appeals Judge Marjorie O. Rendell
- Former Pennsylvania Superior Court Judge Phyllis W. Beck
- Roberta D. Pichini of Feldman, Shepherd, Wohlgelernter, Tanner, Weinstock & Dodig
- Lynn A. Marks, former executive director of Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts
- Roberta D. Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black, R.P.C.
- JoAnne Epps, executive vice president and provost of Temple University
- Stephanie Resnick of Fox Rothschild LLP
- U.S. District Court Judge Cynthia M. Rufe
- Former Chancellor Jane Leslie Dalton
- Pennsylvania Superior Court Judge Anne E. Lazarus
- Judge Sandra Mazer Moss (ret.)
- Catherine C. Carr, former executive director of Community Legal Services
- Senior Judge Pamela Pryor Dembe
- Carol E. Tracy, executive director of Women's Law Project
Please send nominations to Dawn Petit at firstname.lastname@example.org.